By placing a booking, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Pup School Suffolk.
Classes, Training & Consultations
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until your trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don't use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and best behaviour dog training takes no responsibility for loss or damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- Pick up after your dogs and do not allow dogs to pee in the training area or on the equipment – accidents do sometimes happen, so let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training, your dog must be fully vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian. You must bring your dog’s vaccination certificate to your first class/ consultation.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. Depending on location, you may not be able to attend.
- We use reward-based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars or extendible leads in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know. Please ensure you have lots of yummy treats and your dog's favourite toy available whilst attending training.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Family members are always welcome in classes and 121 training. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult, except 10 year olds and over specifically in children’s training classes – which must be by arrangement.
- Cancellations - for cancellations of walks for a period of 1 week or more one month’s notice is required. For cancellations of 1 or 2 days walks a week’s notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
- All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
- All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
- Pup School Suffolk reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs, or to change from group to 1 to 1 walks as required.
- All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Pup School Suffolk and a disclaimer form has been signed.
- The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
- If dogs require a quick towelling off after walks towels must be provided and left by the front door.
- The walker will leave a note of how the walk went and any additional information needed. A message and photograph will be sent at the end of the walk but Pup School Suffolk hold no responsibility if the message/ photograph is not received for any reason.
Bookings, Payments & Cancellations
- Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hrs in advance or the full rate will be charged.
- Pup School Suffolk will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however Pup School Suffolk cannot be held responsible for any burglaries, or accidents caused by your pet(s).
- The client must provide all items necessary for your pet to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence.
- A note of how the visit went and any additional information needed will be left. A message and photograph will be sent at the end of the visit but Pup School Suffolk hold no responsibility if the message/ photograph is not received for any reason
Course Content & Material
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment within 24 hours will result in the booking being cancelled.
- 121s and consultations require a £25 non-refundable deposit to secure your date.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However, there is no right of cancellation where the class, 121 or behaviour consultation begins within this 14 day period.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service if your course has already commenced regardless of when the order was made.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
- Classes & 1 to 1 consultations – upon booking for 1 to 1s or consultations and having made your choice of dates these will then be fixed. We cannot change dates within a period 14 days prior to your first class or at any point during the dates you have chosen.
- Cancellations for classes and consultations must be made by email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
- If the participant misses two sessions and fails to advise Pup School Suffolk they cannot attend your entire booking will be forfeit.
- If the participant cancels a 121 the full amount will be payable if the appointment is within the next 7 days.
- If date and/or times of 1 to 1s need to be changed we will make every effort to try to provide a different appointment – please let us know as soon as possible by telephone or email.
- A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or 1 to 1 at no additional cost.
- If your dog comes into season we do not permit them to attend class, however you are welcome to view the class so you can train at home.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class can only be made up to 14 days prior to the start of your first class. Transfers may be made up to 14 days before the start date, however, transfers are subject to availability and Pup School Suffolk is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
- If attending classes and you have not divulged a behavioural problem Pup School Suffolk reserve the right to ask you to leave the class. No refund will be made if information is withheld at time of booking, however a behavioural consultation may be offered instead and it is your responsibility to cover any additional costs.
- 1 to 1 will be subject to an additional mileage charge at 0.45ppm should I be required to travel further than a 20 mile radius from Wortham, Suffolk.
- An additional hourly fee of £30ph is chargeable when travel is more than a total of 1 hour per visit.
- Pup School Suffolk reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor of classes and/or 1 to 1 training. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather or instructor illness, we will let everyone know who has booked in by text as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your class. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date. Pup School Suffolk will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- We send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training. If you do not wish to receive this please unsubscribe from the newsletter by sending an email to [email protected].
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give Pup School Suffolk permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog.
You release all claims against Pup School Suffolk with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
Issued from 10th June 2019